Let me first introduce WowThankYou
WowThankYou was originally launched in March 2010 and is an online marketplace for UK designed and made products. Over the years our customers have appreciated the fact that all our products are well made, there is a story behind each product and all our sellers are very passionate about what they do. We work closely with our sellers, supporting and helping them to promote their work. The website is run on a non-profit basis. We take a small fee from every sale, which goes directly back to promoting the website via paid advertisements, Google Ads and to maintain and host our custom built website.
We’re taking on a new exciting direction and would like to develop our blog into more of a lifestyle blog with curated content from our creative shops on our main website.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for guest bloggers who would like to contribute to the new lifestyle section of our blog. This could be on one off basis or more regularly, if you wish.
Why get involved?
- Extra visibility for your business, charity or cause (on average we have over 10K views on our website each month, over 23K Facebook fans, 8,5K Twitter followers and over 12.5K newsletter subscribers)
- You will be (directly and indirectly) helping a community of creative people who make and create all their own products here in the UK.
Who are our readers?
- about 80% are women
- over 70% are between 35-65 years old
- all types of backgrounds and types of work (not necessarily self-employed)
What can you expect:
- Each blog post is optimised for search engines (either you tell us your preferred keywords or we research and match the keywords to the content of your blog post)
- Share buttons are included for easy share on social media
- Each blog post includes short author bio with your website links and social media
- Promotion of your blog post on our social media and newsletter
- Blog writing support via e-mail (if you need any help)
What we expect:
- Non-promotional type of blog posts showcasing your expertise or experience
- Unique content purposefully written for WowThankYou (It can’t be published anywhere else or copied from other websites or blogs)
- Word count – minimum 300 words, ideally about 500-800 words (or more if you wish)
- If supplying pictures, these must be of a good quality, with no watermarks or logos (we can source and add pictures for blog posts that are more general)
- Easy to read writing style with shortish sentences and always proof red
- Short author bio with website and social media links to be included at the end of your blog post
How does it work?
- Contact us using the form below & let us know what would you like to write about (below are examples of types of blogs we are after)
- Once written, submit your blog post by e-mail with any relevant photos, author bio & website or social media links
- We will slot your blog into our publishing schedule and let you know when the blog post is live.
- We will then promote the blog post on a our social media & newsletter
- And we hope you’ll be proud to share your article with your community too!
There is no publishing deadline, we are happy to receive blog posts on a rolling basis and slot them into our publishing schedule.
There is no limit to how many blog posts you can writeWould you like to contribute to our #lifestyle #blog ? #bloggerswanted Click To Tweet
Types of subjects we would like to feature
Practical nutrition tips
Simple way of living
Places to visit in UK
Creative Tutorials (Easy makes to create at home)
Things to do with children (places to go and activities at home)
Practical every day psychology tips
Gardening tips (grow your own, foraging, allotments)
Personal – real story
Any other ideas for blog post? Just e-mail us with the idea and we will be happy to look at it.UK Handmade Marketplace seeks #lifestyle contributors #bloggerswanted Click To Tweet
Guest Blogging Request
Our website is due for a little upgrade and here is a sneaky peak of the new home page. The website is fully coded, securely hosted on a dedicated server and mobile responsive. We provide the latest features for both customers and our sellers. The website currently hosts over 550 individual shops (with individual login panels and access) and over 15.000 individual product pages. Here is the live website as it is (the new version will be launched in August 2016)
When no one is looking, she eats dark chocolate, bakes spelt bread and plays folk guitar...
Latest posts by Magdalena (see all)
- 6 ways to drive traffic to your website for free - 12th February 2018
- 6 Common Website Mistakes - 5th January 2018
- From zero website knowledge to accidental seo expert - 22nd December 2017